Do you have any rules or guiding principles that you live by?
Over the last 2 years I have created a list of rules to live by. They are less rules and more guiding principles for me. I add to the list as I hear, read, learn, or experience something new. I post the current list here and will keep an updated list on this page.
What other guiding principles should I add to the list? I would love to hear from you.
Rules to live by:
1. Always stand for the helpless including women and children.
2. The Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. Live by it!
3. Misunderstandings can be overcome by clearly communicating with the other party.
4. Save more than you spend. Especially if you have all daughters.
5. Never take a no from someone who can’t give you a yes.
6. God wants you to get where God wants you to go more than you want to get where God wants you to go.
7. Don’t let mental lions keep you from experiencing everything God has to offer.
8. You gotta do quantity to get to quality.
9. Never again say “I don’t have time!” For people or God directed projects.
10. Pray without ceasing. Continue to knock in prayer at the plans the Lord has given to my heart.
11. Be willing to say no to a contractor if the product is not up to my standards. There is no obligation until it’s right.
12. If I had another crack at my budding entrepreneur, I would take him off to the side and counsel him this way: Business always involves money, people and systems. Learn all you can about each. Consciously build your character. Find a high purpose for your business.
13. Suffering can be a friend who drives you where you didn’t know you needed to go.
14. Life’s detours means God wants you to run right into His arms so He can reconstruct your heart.
15. Images are the language of the 21st century.
16. The mind of the ungodly man is bent upon pleasure, the mind of the godly man in prayer.
17. We need to be reminded, again and again, that telling the message isn’t our ultimate goal. Worship is.
18. Life is pain and you get to choose: either the pain of discipline or the pain of disappointment.
19. Brilliant doesn’t matter if you can’t get out of bed. That goes for ideas too.
20. Talent doesn’t mean a thing if you let fear be some terrorist that takes you hostage.
21. Find the practical money. Don’t gamble.
22. Practicality and patience are key – Gary Vee